Color-Coding the Systems of the Body, by Isabelle Hutton
Color coding is consistent with all of her reflexology charts - Part of what makes Isabelle Hutton's charts unique is her creativity. Most likely, almost every reflexology chart is color-coded in some manner. Isabelle's healing ability (
assisting the human body to heal itself ), combines her inate ability to conceptualize, to weave true healing chakra colors with the human anatomical structure. This foot and hand reflexology chart is a quick example of color-coding, but, as shown, cannot be fully appreciated until it's in front of you.
The Auditory System and Visual System
- The Auditory System is colored a deep peach while the Visual System is a light tone of peach .This signifies the close connection between the Eyes and Ears found in Eastern Medicine tradition from which Reflexology gets its roots.
- Western Medicine usually does not make this connection between the Eyes and Ears!
The Digestive System
- This system is defined by two tones of purple to highlight. many organs
- The large intestines, the liver and the rectum are clearly marked in deep purple so they are easily recognizable at a glance.
- The rest of the digestive organs and glands, the duodenum, the stomach, the gall bladder and the small intestines, are distinguished in a lighter shade of purple. All these digestive glands show their connection by sharing the same color, purple.
Endocrine and Reproductive System
- The glands of these two systems are colored two tones of turquoise.
- All the endocrine glands are located on the sole of the feet except the ovary and testicle reflexes- .The ovaries and testicles are on the lateral side of the heel midway between the peak of the lateral malleolus and the point of the heel.
- The endocrine glands are the pineal gland, the pituitary/hypothalamus, the thyroid, parathyroids, the thymus, the pancreas, the adrenals, the ovaries/testicles.
- The pineal gland is located in the distal, lateral quadrant on the dorsal side of the great toes. .The hypothalamus and pituitary are very close in location in the head, thus sharing the same reflex on the center stage of the great toes.
- The neck of the toes and the fingers relate to the thyroid gland and they show a lighter shade of turquoise.
- The ball of great toes (first metatarsal head) is the thyroid area located on the medial edge with the thymus.
- The thymus is an endocrine gland and the master gland of the lymphatic system thus it is turquoise and yellow in color.
- The adrenals sit like caps on top of each kidney in the middle of the feet and hands.
- The pancreas is both endocrine (ductless) and exocrine (having duct) gland. The body of the pancfeaa lies predominately on the left side of the body with its head crossing over to the right side of the body snuggled up in the curve of the duodenure. It lies behing the stomach. The reflex to the pancreas lies in a like manner on the soles of the feet.
- The heart is so important that it has been given its own color of bright red, the color of oxygenated blood.
- The Cardiac Area is outlined in a broken red line around the balls of the left foot and hand and the fourth and fifth left toes and fingers. The left fifth (pinkie) toe and finger are especially helpful areas for cardiac emergencies.
- When addressing the heart, the lung area also needs to be given special attention as the heart and lungs work together as One.
- Because the heart is on the left side of the body, the heart and the cardiac reflexes are only on the left foot and hand.
The Lymphatic System
- The Lymphatic System is colored yellow.
- The lymph is an alkaline fluid found in the lymphatic vessels, nodes and glands. It may be transparent and colorless or milky, or rather yellow in character.
- TONSILS: located in the fifth zone of the Great toes/thumbs and the fifth toes and fingers. Both are correct. Both are in the fifth zone. (See Zone Therapy diagram.)
- THYMUS: located behind the mid-sternum and is the master gland of the lymphatic system. It is also an endocrine gland, being ductless. It is turquoise outlined in yellow.
- APPENDIX: is a lymphatic gland. The reflex to the appendix is in the lower lateral quadrant of the right foot and palm of hand. The appendix may help the body to localize an infection in the abdomen. Reflexology may be done for an indefinite amount of time on the appendix reflexes to help remedy appendicitis. Consult your physician.
Pelvic Area The Pelvic area is colored green on the medial and lateral sides of the calcaneus (heel bone). It is not a system but the area affects all the organs and structure in the pelvic girdle of the body. Green was chosen, representing creativity and growth.
- The Respiratory System is sky blue, reminiscent of air, showing the lungs and chest on the foot and forehand.
- The reflexes go straight through the body as well as the feet and hands.
- Reminder: also work with the Heart reflexes when dealing with the lungs.
Skeletal, Brain, Nervous System
- These systems are colored in dark and light magenta to show the outline of the Spine on the feet and hands.
- The seven cervical vertebrae of the area are so important that they are individually marked on the dorsal and palmar sides of the hands and the sole side of the feet.
- The diaphragm and solar plexus are also marked in magenta.
- The magenta box on the dorsal side of the feet and hands contains the reflexes to the arms, legs, lower back, joints of the ankles, knees, hips, wrists and elbows.
- The brain is located in the tips of the fingers and toes. The brain and the spine make up the Central Nervous System.
The Urinary System
The Urinary System is shown in amber color, similar to its excrement, the urine. THE EXTREMITIES
Legs and Arms
- The reflexes to the arms and legs lie parallel along the lateral side of the feet and hands.
- The magenta box located on the dorsal, lateral aspect of the feet and hands in the fourth and fifth zones also hold the legs and arms reflexes.
How Are The Chakras and Endocrine Glands Connected?
- The Chakras and the endocrine glands correspond and relate to one another.
- The chakras are vortexes of energy and when in balance move in a clockwise manner. When out of balance, they move in a counterclockwise manner. They have been compared to a computer, receiving and sending out messages to all parts of the body.
- The actual colors of chakras are shown on the chart in their own separate chakra color key.
- True chakra colors are not related to the Anatomical Color Key, but are their true colors.
- The true Chakra Color Key appears on all reflexology charts, including the body systems and essential oil chart.
- The Endocrine Glands are ductless glands. They secrete their fluid directly into the blood and 6.1 lymph circulation and tissues of the body.
- To help the body to balance the chakras, apply reflexology treatment on the corresponding endocrine glands as shown in the Chakra Key. Read a very interesting and informative article about chakras in reflexology,Integrating Color with Reflexology.
- By working all the endocrine glands, all the chakras are brought into to balance.
- Refer to the Body Systems and Essential Oils Chart to review what essential oils will help to bring the Chakras and the endocrine glands into balance. The oil blend "Harmony" may bring all the chakras into harmony.